Thursday, 21 April 2016

A Prince-less World

So today we lost Prince.
Not sure what to think.
I don't want to use SEGA to speculate.
Because I don't want to incriminate anyone.

But Prince was Shadow, and Shadow, though eternal, had a lot of demons.

I wish him well, though.

Death has been rapturing all the greats lately.
Obviously I'm still not over Dilla.
David Bowie was a tremendous loss.
Then my own mother.
It's just been turbulent to live.

Now, unlike most producers who are planning Prince remixes and mash-ups, I'm leaving his catalog alone.
Yes I've flipped Prince.
A few times, actually.
But sometimes the genius of an artist just needs to be left alone.

So rest in peace Shadow.
You're impact had been epic.

To his family, I know he loved you.
To his fans, he just wanted you to love him.
I don't have too much to say about this, so I'll just make this a short entry.






~follow the buzzards~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.