Monday, 16 January 2017

Saving My Heart

E. Lynn Harris.
An amazing writer.
A rape survivor.
He wrote a book called "What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted".
I just remembered (sorta) that my mom made me read this book when I was younger.

I guess it was to toughen me up.

It somewhat softened me.
While, at the same time, softened the blow.

I was very immature about homosexuality back then.
I still don't really like it.
However, I'm more tolerant than ever.

Just be real.

I think I moreso hate men on the down low.

Now...
What inspired this blog entry?

Understand that one never fully bounces back from rape.
It's almost impossible.
Especially in this country.
Rape is like the second thing on every man's mind.

If they even have the capability of thinking.

But yeah.
I'm saving my bromantual love for J Dilla.
If he's still alive, ass.
If not, I'll just be straight until I get to Heaven.
Then, we'll commit the unpardonable sin and go to Hell, where we can musically overthrow Satan.

And then God would have NO CHOICE but to let us back in.

Thank you, E. Lynn Harris, for allowing me to explore my literary feminine side.
And, as always, I love you J Dilla.












~follow the buzzards~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.