Wednesday, 1 February 2017

Black History's Blunt


I'm gonna make this short and sweet.
I make music.
I live music.
I love music.
And Black Music, from the end of the 20th century to now, wouldn't be much without the two men pictured above.
I may have had a (?) run-in with ?uestlove, but I HONOR his craft.

And J Dilla is my original sample.
Straight up.

Madlib isn't human.

So all you historians, get acquainted with J Dilla and ?uestlove.

It's a worship issue.

Respect the craft.
Respect the technique.
As much (subliminal) love as these white artists give to me and my underground cohorts, MORE surface love can be shown to J Dilla and ?uestlove.
Period.
And serious(ly).

J Dilla and ?uestlove, please don't make me regret this post.
Y'all are like my Bret and Owen Hart.
Real spasm.
I wish you both well.
Continue to inspire and elevate the Black race.
We/they might need it.








#MauritianLivesMatter
















~follow the buzzards~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.