The King Charles Era

The King Charles Era
New sound, new style, still the same loser.

Approval rating

I'm doing fine, thanks for asking.

As you know, I'm not a big fan of modern hip-hop. I think it all sounds the same, there's no soul, no originality, and it always ends in violence. Nevertheless, I found 3 MCs worth dealing with The Tapestries of Trap.

1-) Meek Mill. The first time I heard him was in 2011, in a halfway house in Cleveland. The whole joint was going crazy for him, while I just listened with an open mind. Not being a hater, I felt that his delivery was reminiscent of someone who is destined to die in the streets. But his lyrical content and versatility stood out. And he's stood the test of time. His battle with Drake was a good one (Drake had the better song, Meek had the better beat and dirt). He coexisted with 50 during a rough moment. Meek Mill is a solid figure in Modern Hip-Hop/Rap.

2-) Lil Baby. I would hear singles from him here and there, but his most recent album is dope. I notice that he is the most coherent out of all the new MCs. I can definitely understand what he's saying, versus struggling to understand autotune-laced mumbo jumbo. I only check for the music, so I don't really know about how he gets along with other MCs. But I know he gets a lot of praise. I am concerned about his lean habit. I know Lil Wayne made it look cool to bust rhymes with a styrofoam cup in your hand, but even he is seeing a decline in his momentum. I only wish the best for Lil Baby. (I know.)

3-) NBA Young Boy. My roommate in Long Island used to wear his stuff out. One day I was high and listening to him play YB. I was impressed, but i noted that I was high and was likely impressed by anything. So I gave it some time. I listened to a few freestyles and some songs... dude is dope. He's actually singing from his soul. I can respect that. Don't know much about him, don't wanna Google him. But he gets a lot of love from me.



I haven't been in NYC for a long time, so I don't know what the underground scene is looking like. I'm not sure if Mental Supreme is still doing Training Camp. Sickabod Sane doesn't even make Hip-Hop anymore. End of the Weak has been pretty silent. Maybe my music will change the next time I'm in the city. Maybe Hip-Hop is all Electronic now (808s, synths, filtered samples). However it is to be viewed, the three mentioned above (I believe) can carry the torch for the next generation.

You three. In my office now!






Hold it down.








#comma

FreshOffThePresses

Alan Keyes (Ralph Nader Remix) 0fficial lyrics

Aye. If you woke, you ain't broke. Ha! Yeah! (verse 1) Here's the new kid with a new song. Ain't change since Midnight Blue was ...