The King Charles Era

The King Charles Era
New sound, new style, still the same loser.

Reality, checkered

Here's something I noticed about today's rap fan. They like to be taken places. Whether it's on a high speed chase or a drug trip, the modern rap fan wants to escape reality 

But the heart of rap IS reality. From NWA to Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff to Wu Tang to Tribe. Stories were told, and aggression was used to drive home how true the stories are. Even Lil Wayne tells stories about a reality he either lives or is exposed to.

My more recent music (2012-present) is aggressive, yet self-defeating. Boisterous, yet gentle. Desperate, yet calm. My confidence is there, but wanes when I think about the criticism. 

One thing I want to address with Stik and Mike (StarChaser Podcast) is, don't worry whether or not the songs are written. Treat the fact like it's icing on the musical cake. Dig for the substance. I have MULTIPLE entendres in my music. And the definitions are within.

Just believe.

It's really magic!




...and I'm really talented.







#beseated

FreshOffThePresses

"I am... multimedia..."

The title is a quote from a DJ Nick interview back in 2019. So... last year, I went on an #IndependentMediaBlitz. Now, a media blitz is when...