The King Charles Era

The King Charles Era
New sound, new style, still the same loser.

Being THAT outside.

In a matter of days now, I will get the keys to my new apartment! I'm proud of myself for sticking with the program and not going AWOL (Absent Without Leave, for those who don't know) or getting TOO deep into substances. 

I won't lie, the temptation was great to do the hard stuff. All of my friends are dooinit, it's VERY accessible, and I'm curious about particular highs. Still, for the most part, I stayed away from the hard stuff. And whatever money I make goes into my music, weed, and things EBT doesn't cover in stores.

Again, the last live saw me pretty fucked up (just weed tho) and, according to many, it wasn't a good look. I think y'all have to let me know if I'm the Scott Pilgrim of Hip-Hop. Meaning, the unlikely good guy in the story. It's hard, because I can see my influence all through modern music. From the drug use to suicide talk to freestyling proper. If they're watching me, they would make stronger records. My image is in my control, and I put my control into music. 

I know that makes sense. Because it's a practice of mine.

I embody the spirit of 1920s Harlem musicians, 1960s California beatniks and 1980s Cleveland rockstars. My life is my music. My life is IN my music. As well as many concepts from the ancient. Times WELL beyond the 1920s.

The pain and struggle is real.

I'm on of few musicians left, that are not plugged in, with many resources to connect with.

Peace to TheRootsCrew (?uesto, Riq, R. Angry).



I haven't been blogging a lot because I'm still getting settled in. I had to get my monthly injection, adjusted my meds, and get used to jet lag. So that's why I haven't been on here. But I didn't forget. About shit. lol I'm just budgeting my time.


I'll be record-label ready in no time.

Question arrises and remains...

is that the route I want to take to financial freedom and overall happiness?







#beseated

FreshOffThePresses

The New #3rdEyeMagic is Here!!!

^ ^ ^ 100% produced by yours truly. 100% recorded and mixed by CYoumg. Mastered by Charles Hamilton. Check us out!!! #beseated