The irony of love.


I hadn't met Miss Jackie! yet, at the time of making this song. In fact, I could've used ANY Jackie in my life, no less the one here already. I knew a Jackie in FDA. Same grade, too. She just liked the bad boys. And I was more interested in her upperclassmen friend. Nothing came of either, so no feelings to be had. Just... all I wanted was my laptop. Especially during this time.

NewCo era, y'all. The manipulative muscle of Matt Michelson and the smooth coercion of "Uncle Jeff" Metcalf. NO ONE KNEW WHAT TO DO. They just knew my music was marketable, and with the right designer stuff, I can be equally as marketable (without clashing with "their" favorite artists). I sent a LOT of subs at EACH of them. Sadly, the NewCo era made enemies out of my Harlem brethren. It wasn't long into this era that I had falling outs with Boe, Dre, Sha-leik, Leroy... and a lot of these songs reflect it. 

Difference is, I was writing back then. 

I feel weird having WROTE little quips and lines about a serious topic. I've already made my accusations. Just... the people I accused ended up influencing the behavior of all those listed earlier. As it so turns out, it was all a scare tactic, and they did indeed scare the shit out of me. But they got bars for it. And I got my bars UP, thinking about them. As we move forward, Dre and Leroy are in the position that Matt and HchO were in. Sha and I are on better terms, Boe is the homie... all I gotta do is show up in Harlem and all will be okay.

Currently on a FaceTime group chat with Lou and Shapeshifter Dre (Stray Dogs). We're trying to figure out what to do about a wayward Stray. No details, no quotes. Just pray for Reek the Cleric. And say another prayer for Super Helpful Kwame (with the CH-produced "Black In New York"), who's facing homelessness and ...well, not being able to make music until the funds come around.

The real ones go through it.
That's how they become real ones.

Ace your test.


^
older picture. lol.



~!Jr.!~

 

FreshOffThePresses

The irony of love.

I hadn't met Miss Jackie! yet, at the time of making this song. In fact, I could've used ANY Jackie in my life, no less the one here...