The King Charles Era

The King Charles Era
New sound, new style, still the same loser.

Year-long itch.





This has been a helluva year for me. Hypergoth!, Computer Voodoo and Electronic Christmas shut the game down, unequivocally. I would take all the credit, but I GOTTA thank The Alchemist for the drums and Curtis Mayfield for the vibes. I'm a bit sensitive about using ALC's drums. He pretty much takes over the song with his drums. Pretty awesome of him to drop his kits, WITH the loops to how they sound originally. I had fun being creative with them. As far as using Mayfield records, I always connected with his lyrics and melodies. When it comes to sampling, there is SO MUCH MORE to do than just loop. And if you're going to loop, you gotta be SICK WIDDIT. 

I wrote more poetry this year than before. A lot of my songs are draft of my poems. Whatever isn't in a song is either in my blog or in my poetry. Visit chthehermit.blogspot.com for a taste of what's written. My insecurity about such is, my poetry comes from a different place. I have to explore myself to figure out where the poetry comes from. My rhymes come from my heart and mind. My soul delivers them. But poetry? Man. I don't know where I get it from. I guess I gotta write more to do such exploration.

MAJOR shouts to Jimmy and the Jets (Iovine, Dre, Em, 50, Snoop, etc.). You guys CONTINUE to inspire me, with works dating back to the 80s. Even before. Nothing like listening to LOSELESS music. If you know, you know.

"Black Candle" is the potential next #Comma album. But the demand isn't so high right now. People are still digesting... well, everything else in the Drive folder. Nevertheless, I have an album loaded up to record, and I have an idea about another album I could record. I also have a definite direction I plan to go in with my music.

XXL saved me some time. I'm like Eminem meets Kanye West. I think I like the box they put me in...




#comma


FreshOffThePresses

Alan Keyes (Ralph Nader Remix) 0fficial lyrics

Aye. If you woke, you ain't broke. Ha! Yeah! (verse 1) Here's the new kid with a new song. Ain't change since Midnight Blue was ...