At this moment, I am in StarChaser Andrew Howe’s basement, reflecting in the times that led to the music that got me here. I had a blast making the music (emphasis on MAKING), but the times surrounding it suck. Some of the people I praise and hold in high regard really aren’t shit. Very few were as progressive as me, and they didn’t want to hang out with me because I used to use. I had to keep my habit from them… and Mom.
Mom randomly drug tested me in 10th grade. And I tested positive. I told every lie there was to tell, to keep from getting whipped with this patented leather belt with gold studs. Finally, I admitted to it. From there, I was sent to the Harlem Youth Marine Corps. Now, I take pride in my discipline. It takes a lot for me to lose sight of my goal. Still, I learned a lot about discipline and responsibility there.
I wasn’t mad at my mom for that. It’s the fact I used to lie on my high that bothers me today. To be real, Heroin is like a 30-minute orgasm. That comes with a heavy weight on you, whether you smoke, sniff or pop. The more you do it, the more numb you get to it. After a while, nothing pleases you. The depression is all that remains. That’s why I been sticking with weed and my meds. Plus, with all the drug variations out now, it’s not even safe to try anymore.
Don’t tell lies, yall. They always pop up in your mind. And randomly. You have to lose your consciousness to be free from the lives that enslave your soul. You hear that, rappers?! Cappin till you happen to have it just isn’t happening. Your lies impact the dreams of the dreamer. Now I can’t tell the world to do Heroin, I can only tell you I feel on and off it. If I did it now, I’d probably hurt myself. And if I keep talking about it, ima look like a fool. So here.
Drugs are bad. So is Shenseea.
-so mote it be