Pix from my Drew-cation

 

At a legendary corn field in Iowa. Won't lie, the brown in me got a bit anxious. Not because of Drew. Just... feelings. Oral history, if you will...



Talking about (my) music with Drew's longtime friend Zack. They used to listen to my music as teens in that very basement.


Out at dinner with Miss Michelle (Drew's mom) and Megan (Drew's sister).


Recording "Corporal Punishment". The concept is in the pictures. The pictures speak volumes. We had to keep it down. Still, it was LIT!


After recording, mixing and mastering #CrprlPnshmnt. Passed out next to Zack... who was up the whole time. (inside joke)


There he is! A DAY ONE... like.. MY FIRST FAN... like ... BEFORE #aCharlesHamiltonfan was known as a StarChaser... like... BEFORE THE SONG EXISTED!!! The concept, maybe. Peace, Simone P.


This key is a symbolic token in Iowa. The history escapes me, but... not much of it does.


^
Shouts to my BK Cuz Mar-Q!!! Pick up the [Charles Hamilton x NY Vids] tee on my website. Or, click here.


^
^
^
Just felt the significance of sitting on a bench in CLEARLY White America. 
More (and less) on that, in a few...

^
^
^
So Drewzer made this AWESOME t-shirt from a design subtly-inspired by me. Neither of us can make money off it, but it's a one-of-one, and he let me have it. Beyond honored and humbled.

^
^
Oh, yes. There will be bud.



Me and Good Ol' CharlieDawg!!! Affectionately named after me (I shit you not). Pure joy, all around.
^
^
^
There was another dog, there to. Haven! Haaaaven! A smaller, white (what I think was a) Pomeranian. Sooooo precious!

^
^
Told you, I'll be around!
See you next time, Rivera!!!

^
Drew asked permission to take a pic of me in the Iowa State Cyclones tee, not knowing if I was sleep or awake. lol I dead was. It was all good. lol smh

^
^
^
Final day. Spent time outside creating Negro Spiritual and Blue Eyed-Soul beats/instrumentals. Didn't want the neighborhood to think I was a one-trick pony!


^
^
^
I learned a lot on this trip to Suburbia. Really, my only interaction with white people has been from being a Cleveland native. And I was AROUND some white people. BIG time. Though I let the hood rough me up, I didn't lose my grace. I stand proud as an extraterrestial in a Black Man's body that I did not fulfill ANY stereotypes. Black men, learn about yourselves before you play hardball.







-so mote it be

FreshOffThePresses

Pix from my Drew-cation

  At a legendary corn field in Iowa. Won't lie, the brown in me got a bit anxious. Not because of Drew. Just... feelings. Oral history, ...