The King Charles Era

The King Charles Era
New sound, new style, still the same loser.

Another crossroads.

I had an idea for a project last night. Actually, I had the idea for a few weeks, but out of... I guess anxiety, I chose for the title of the project to be the title of a song on Vigilante. But last night, I had a foundation of sorts for that title to become a separate album again. So I loaded up the drums and gathered the records. Lo and behold, it set in that I broke MUCH ground and there is still a lot of music out by me that has yet to be heard.

What would Grandmaster Flash do?
What would Kool Herc do?

I can't see myself not making music. Production (and turntablizm) has become such an integral part of my development as a musician and an individual in general. But it feels like EVERYTHING wants me to stop. Not out of spite. Just time for people to catch up. I feel like I have to let people catch up, but people catch what they catch and you have to keep them updated. Especially when you're ahead of the curve. 

I hope that last sentence made sense. There's a lot going on in my head these days.

One of my new favorite hangouts is The International House of Music in DTLA. There's an ancient grand piano when you first walk in. Just check your bag and get to grinding. lol I'm pretty lyrical on the piano. Hopefully you checked out my latest piano instrumental album ("The King's Maker", dedicated to my daughter Danjer). "Just Charles" was a modern introduction from me to Tomorrow. 

I know they're here.

Next year will rock.






#beseated


FreshOffThePresses

Alan Keyes (Ralph Nader Remix) 0fficial lyrics

Aye. If you woke, you ain't broke. Ha! Yeah! (verse 1) Here's the new kid with a new song. Ain't change since Midnight Blue was ...