The King Charles Era

The King Charles Era
New sound, new style, still the same loser.

Chewy Jawbreakers (a freewrite)

Before I knew me, I met you.
Before I met you, I knew you.
I have been all about you since I met you.
Before I met you, I knew you.

Nothing has prepared me for you so far.
Nothing has prepared me for you, so far.

You are why preparing is needed.
You raise me as a father, as an aunt, from so far away.
You are my partner in crime, if you will.
My standard of being a man.

Yet...

I meet your standards eye to eye.
Yet I fall short of being your desire.
Yet, I fall short of being your desire.
Yes, I fall short of being your desire.
Yes I fall short of being your desire.

But we are what love is.
We were what love was.

I am not a gambling man.
Losing you proved why.

I don't want to move on.
Life is built on our togetherness.
Yet I must.
Yet, I must.
Yes, I must.
Yes I must.

The Root has lost it's Snake.
Be proud to be The Snake.
We were once one, ya know?

Feel, as The Root dies.
Inside.

Leave me alone.

Please?





[tag forgotten]

FreshOffThePresses

Doomsday, Hamiltonized

Perhaps predicted by Eminem, but it still reigns supreme. The L Word Series (Looking for Lady Luck whiLe Lurking the streets for a Lady amo...