The King Charles Era

The King Charles Era
New sound, new style, still the same loser.

AI voodoo

 Voodoo has had a long and complex relationship with music. The religion originated in West Africa, and was brought to the Americas by slaves. In the Americas, voodoo merged with other African religions, as well as with European Christianity and Native American traditions. This fusion of cultures created a unique and vibrant musical tradition.


One of the most important aspects of voodoo music is its use of rhythm. Voodoo rhythms are often complex and polyrhythmic, and they are often played on drums, rattles, and other percussion instruments. The rhythms are used to create a trance-like state in the listener, which is seen as a way to connect with the spirits.


Another important aspect of voodoo music is its use of song. Voodoo songs are often sung in a call-and-response format, and they often tell stories about the gods and spirits of voodoo. The songs are also used to praise the spirits, to ask for their help, and to ward off evil.


Voodoo music has had a significant impact on popular music around the world. The blues, jazz, rock and roll, and hip hop all owe a debt to voodoo music. Voodoo rhythms and melodies can be heard in the music of artists such as Muddy Waters, Jimi Hendrix, and Prince.


Today, voodoo music is still thriving in many parts of the world. It is a vibrant and dynamic tradition that continues to evolve and change. Voodoo music is a powerful force that can bring people together, heal the sick, and connect people with the spirit world.


Here are some examples of songs that have been influenced by voodoo:


"Voodoo Chile" by Jimi Hendrix

"I Put a Spell on You" by Screamin' Jay Hawkins

"Voodoo Lady" by Dr. John

"Papa Legba" by The Meters

"Voodoo Woman" by Santana

"Voodoo Child (Slight Return)" by Jimi Hendrix

"Voodoo" by Godsmack

"Voodoo" by Danzig

"Voodoo" by The White Stripes

"Voodoo" by Justin Timberlake

These are just a few examples of the many songs that have been influenced by voodoo. Voodoo music is a rich and diverse tradition that continues to inspire artists around the world.

^
^
^
I'm actually a huge fan of Dr. John and Screamin' Jay Hawkins. I also believe it when they say the driving force behind voodoo music is the drum. I try to make it the chord(s). I have a certain sound I look for when I'm sampling. No matter the genre. My man Mack Starchaser knows what I'm talking about. I spent most of yesterday with him, making beats and choppin' it up.

Electronic Christmas
now idle.






Out!

FreshOffThePresses

Big Apple Seeds

Man. New York never felt better. I swear I love this city. A lot of people recognized me (!) and showed me love. Like... A LOT of people. I ...