The King Charles Era

The King Charles Era
New sound, new style, still the same loser.

November 10th Regrets

I tend not to give a fuck on my birthday. Just how it's always been. Hence why I said "live everyday like it's your birthday", as common as the phrase is. Still, there are things about THE SONG that I lived to regret, whether there were consequences or not.

For starters, the long pause between my first and last name. I did it to say "take a breather when my name comes up in musical conversations". It just came out awkward. "Charles (space for breath and reflection) Hamilton". I also regret calling my pops a bitch ass nigga. At the time, we weren't speaking, and he wasn't very supportive of me rapping the last time I saw him. Though I love him, I could really use his support. I'm the him of Rap. Meaning, there are things he would understand better than I would in my music.

November 10th, 2008 was HIGHLY lyrical, and I had this newfound swagger and confidence that I would kill to have back (hint). The beat was fresher, and... like I said, it was more lyrical. Maybe too ahead of it's time.

November 10th, 2009 was EVEN MORE lyrical, and I was at war with Jay-Z (UncleJeff) about what I should be doing in my private time. Clearly I sampled "Birthday Sex" (which I felt was predictable, but someone had to do it), and I wanted to get back with either Karen Civil or Jessica Shaw (looseneck.com; currently offline). By this time, I was getting lonelier and the money was almost up.

November 10th, 2010 was just psycho. One plus about it was I stopped writing. So my confidence was up. I just got out of a mental hospital (thank you, Joe Ruperto) and was seeing a lady I met IN the joint (hello, Simone G. Marshall). Joe was spoiling me, and Simone was CLASSIC Simone (eat it.). I had fun, but I still felt empty on the inside.

November 10th, 2011 was the last of my written verses for the time. I regret shouting out Sha-leik, because I didn't do it out of love. Very little of what I did regarding him post 2009 had love in mind. I think I talked about it on here, but he played a dirty joke on me that had me thrown off for a long time. So I spit a top tier written verse and introduced the world to my DJing skills. I started DJing a year before at Corpy's apartment, with DJ software courtesy of H2. (I'm now 13 years in).

November 10th, 2012 was titled "11102012 and a smiley". Unwritten, uptempo and lo-fi. DEFINITELY one of my favorites. Recorded in the Summer of 2012 in Long Island at Carlito's place. Carlito is the guy I met on Twitter who funded "Coke Whore habits". No, he didn't give me cocaine. Just a place where I can experiment on music and support.

November 10th, 2013 is my favorite one. I was standing up to Corpy at Corpy's crib. Lyrically and paranormally. And I was using Ben's ProTools, showing him just how NOT lo-fi my lo-fi music is. Lyrically, unwritten, but UNREAL. lol I love this damn song.

November 10th, 2014 was a whole mixtape. If it's not out, it's because I was pissed at the situation. I just got signed to Turn First, and they made me promise not to talk about SEGA, Sonic or Apple. So I let it RIP on my private music.

I can barely remember November 10th 2015... I think I was signed to Republic at that point.

Clearly there are more November 10ths, but yo. I ask myself, "why drop songs on my birthday? Let someone else make a birthday song for me!". Well, nothing is achieved without hard work. I usually record them before my birthday (with the exception of 2017; there were two, one in the summer one the day of), to give me a chance to either rest or wild out. 

I don't feel like writing this post anymore. I plan on enjoying this birthday. I'll be with my dad for the second year in a row. I don't mind. It's just bittersweet because I dissed him so hard. My father is more than a soldier. He's more than a general. He could've been president.

Hey nigga. I'll let YOU tell the world you're Jay-Z. And I'll love you either way.



^
^
^
Photo taken by StarChaser Josh Payne. lol LA knows that gray button down very well!







#beseated


FreshOffThePresses

Alan Keyes (Ralph Nader Remix) 0fficial lyrics

Aye. If you woke, you ain't broke. Ha! Yeah! (verse 1) Here's the new kid with a new song. Ain't change since Midnight Blue was ...