So I finished the sequel to The Hamilton Experience this morning. EARLY morning session with Tony "Tha Carpenter" Newbury. Without revealing too much (unneccesary Scorpion mystique, I know), I can say that this album (The Hamilton Experience 2: Human) is more spiritual than... really ANY of my attempts to do so. I often found myself dancing, chanting inaudible phrases that made sense to me only, shouting... it was crazy!
Look. As Goth as I like to accept myself to be, I grew up in the church. An Apostolic Pentecostal church. The only way to get saved is/was to tarry for The Holy Spirit. And the only way you would know you have it is evidenced by you speaking in tongues. Somehow, the missionaries and ministers KNEW when you were faking. I was never compelled by the whole thing, so I didn't pressure myself to get prayed for and go through that process. But I'll tell ya... I miss those days. I remember catching The Holy Ghost. It happened so fast. I kinda subdued it. Just EXTREME joy and love. It's a feeling.
I've been trying to capture that feeling for my StarChasers. Especially and specifically since moving into this apartment. I have a zone here. Plus I have all the tools necessary to make that level of music. It's all about whether it's received or not. So yeah, I'm nervous. A lot is about to be announced, and the expectations of me are higher than ever. I can't punk out. Never planned to. Never did. I only walked away when things got unfair.
If I'm the artist, why do I have to make YOU happy?
It was my ART that got ME here IN THE FIRST PLACE!Look. You can't crash out on an exec. It might feel good at the time, but trust. They go to their cigar parlors and talk CASH SHIT about your Black/minority ass. I'm not brown nosing them, but I keep a clear, clean and good rapport. Even with me talking about the unfortunate things that happened to me/around me, I make CLEAR who my targets are.
If you don't know, it's in the music.
Just a little update. I'll be around. Gotta get a little more shut eye before I go live again. Maybe some time tomorrow.
#CH
