The King Charles Era

The King Charles Era
New sound, new style, still the same loser.

Missing the volume.

Where I stay nowadays, I can't turn the volume up AT ALL.
So the attention to detail is extreme, because I'm regulated to the headphones.
It was somewhat the same in VA.
At least in VA there was some sort of support for my music.

One thing I can say about Cousin Rox is that though she was supportive, she wanted to conform.
Same with Lyte.
They both said the best way to make it in the game is by doing the best of what's already out.
So, I told Cousin Rox that I couldn't do what modern rappers do.
To me, it means I have more rhythm.
It's easy to pick up the flow of Trap.
It's difficult to maintain a groove for an album.
In my case, more than just ONE album.

Trap is very boring.
The drum sounds are pretty cool, and if they weren't so overused I'd be all over them.
But the melodies are psychotic trip-endusing and the beats themselves are too slow to do any kind of damage on.
If I ever were to make a Trap album solo/solo Trap album, I'd be using the old Dip Set flow.

If you are inspired to do such a thing, cite your sources.

I keep getting phone calls from an elementary school in Baltimore, saying the kid was absent.
I don't even want to speculate.

I might not like Baltimore, but I felt my absolute freest there.
It's wild out there.
OK Corral status.
If I could only find the damn $1 real estate.

Markus definitely asshole'd his way out of my life.
Look.
He drove me to Baltimore from New York, with me under the impression he got a house for $800.
We shot videos the first day I was in Baltimore (Two Point Hospital was filmed in the outskirts of DC).
I allowed him to shoot the "She's So High" video.
I recorded an album for him to make videos to, using royalty free sounds ("To See Nicole").
All of a sudden one day, he's "unable to pay the $200 weekly to stay at Deep Flow Studios".
Same night, DJ Nick gets into beef with some neighborhood kids and threatens to shoot the studio up.

Now Markus won't pick up the phone at all.

I didn't have to allow him to make videos to my music.
I own the rights to all my music, except "The Black Box" and "Hamilton, Charles".
Nevertheless, he let me keep his turntable deck and old MacBook.
I guess he feels he paid his debt.

Whatever.
I can either allow this experience to taint my belief in StarChasers or move on.
I'm leaning towards moving on.

And I'm sure y'all know about this issue with CYoung.

He wanted to start a fake beef to promote our music/collabo with The Weeknd.
I was totally against it.
He decides to keep going and made a nasty remark about me and heroin.
I recorded a verse to this Weeknd collab, BLACKING on him AND The Weeknd.
He goes on Twitter talking shit.
At this point, I don't know how serious he is.
So I challenged him to a battle.

If I would've battled him face to face in NY, as disrespectful as I am, it would've turned into some other shit.
If I would've battled him face to face in LA, as disrespectful as I am, it would've turned into some other shit.

Long story short, we don't speak.
Whether it was a loss or a sign of growth, I'm not into rap beef.
The artists don't make money, and no one claims responsibility for the fallen.

I want to close this blog entry, but I don't know how.
I think I'll just quote Rakim.

I'm Rated R, my brain contains graphic things
It turn traumatic teens into addicts and fiends
It's like watchin' a movie through a panoramic screen
Which means, I can see the whole planet in the scene
Cash is the topic; the object? A fatter pocket
Some take the crack and chop it
But those that haven't got it take away to add a profit
It's catastrophic, I take the gat and cock it
And I'll sit back and watch it
These New York streets is ugly, I keep it gully
The world is mine, and can't nobody keep it from me
Yo, my neighborhood is never sunny
In the place where the number-one cause of death is money
You can try copin'
I've seen enough shit to leave your frame of mind broken
I'm still alive and scopin'
Be 'nother hundred years 'til my skies close in
And I'ma die with my eyes open: The Watcher!



#remarkable.

FreshOffThePresses

New York Raining...

It's not a rumor. I am indeed in New York. I am laying low, but shout out to Ruff Ryders for holdin me down in the hood (when I do go). ...