The King Charles Era

The King Charles Era
New sound, new style, still the same loser.

Unbeknownst To You, Plantano Master

"Yerrr! Hey Sega fam, whats the deal how you feel, I go by Bri-Real aka DJ Platano Shwagg aka Lightskin Oprah! Lol. To give yall a little background about myself, I'm a music producer/engineer of 8 years and former DJ, recently turned artist from the DC area. I met C-Ham aka Mr. Hamilton aka The Musical Messiah pretty randomly this past summer in July. On a whim, I decided to check out this open mic event that happens every month in DC that I've been hearing about for a while at this dope spot called Smith Public Trust, hosted by a talented musician named MarQ Soul and his band The Mercy Band. Marq suggested I come check out his event sometime so I finally did. When I get to the spot, I actually see Charles outside of the venue kind of shuffling around lol. I had to do a double take and I was like "Yo that looks like Charles Hamilton. Is that Charles Hamilton?" Then I said to myself "Nah im buggin" and went inside. Fast forward I went and performed one of my songs called 'Born 2 Win,' vibed some more to the other performers, then all of a sudden Marq introduced the next artist to the stage and low & behold, it was Charles Hamilton. My coochie suddenly exploded. I was like "Oh snap that was him!" C-Ham goes up and performs and I turn into a super groupie for 2.5 seconds and instantly get transported back to highschool. I've always been a fan of C-Ham as an artist of course, his freestyle skills (one of the best on this planet), & even more so as a producer. I've always respected him for being an artist who also produces his own music. My top producers & musical influences growing up has always been; The Neptunes, Timbaland & Missy, Ryan Leslie, The-Dream, & M.I.A/Diplo, so seeing another artist who also produces his own music was automatically a win in my book. The Pink Lava Lamp is definitely one of my favorite projects from C-Ham and is low key an underground internet classic. My absolute favorite song off The Pinklava Lamp has always been "Shes So High". That song is perfect to me, my ultimate favorite. Another favorite is also Satellite. So anyway, C-Ham finishes performing and after he performs, I see him standing at the bar near where I was standing, both of us two stepping to the music, and then we kind of locked eyes and started diddy boppin towards each other lmao (it was mad cute). We chopped it up for a bit, showing love to each others music and discussing what we're working on present day as well as what we want to do in the future creatively. He wanted me to get his info from his manz but they dipped out & I ended up messaging him on Twitter after the fact. Fast forward to now and I'm somehow mastering "Unbeknownst To You". Now the process of mastering this album has been super dope! The unorthodox sound & feel of the album in general; the mix, how he recorded it, and the sound is eccentric and classic Hamilton. It's Hip-Hop, Alternative, Rock, R&B, and so much more in one. He wanted to make sure this album had that knock and that's what I always aim do with my mixing & mastering, provide that knock! Even with the distortion in most of the songs like Long Distance Curtain Call, Meet The Omen or Desert Blowfish, I still wanted to bring that knock to every track. Every song on this album is fire to me, but if I had to chose favorites it might have to be; Butterfinger most definitely with that Janet sample and how dope Charles flipped that, both Two Point Hospital and Terms of Use have a dope bounce and both songs have been stuck in my head specifically the choruses. I most definitely love the alternative feel on Desert Blowfish forsure. New Music Mondays has also been stuck in my head too. The beat and bars on Introducing...Minions! is crazyyyyy and mad dope to me too, definitely a favorite. The process of mastering 'Unbeknownst To You' has been a blessing and I hope to continue to work with C-Ham in the future. I think both of our unique styles, approach to music, and creativity work well together. Peace & Love Sega fam 🚀💖 Stalk me on social media yall @brirealmusic & @djplatanoshwagg."
.
.
.
We didn't take a picture.
Expect the rerelease soon.
.
.
.
#captivating 

FreshOffThePresses

Vigilante 0fficial release

^ ^ ^ Click the cover for the link. Or click here. After being caught by The Powers That See, our Villain of Love barricaded himself in his ...