The King Charles Era

The King Charles Era
New sound, new style, still the same loser.

The Generation of the Genre

 Though Trap and Drill are the bane of existence (next to TikTok and R. Kelly), they are established genres.

Remember when no one could pronounce the word? From Gene Ray to Jenner, everyone mispronounced the very thing I was hoping to capitalize on. It gave me a myst of hope, but it left me by my lonely. Hours perfecting my craft. College tours. Radio interviews. All before Interscope.

I established Nu-Hop, and am proud to say it evolved (or deevolved) into Vampire Music. A genre sparked by Labi Siffre ("I Got The", "This Is My Song", etc.) and made popular by Jim Jones' Vamping movement.

The past few XXL freshman covers have had artists that I either blatantly inspire/inspired or were inspired in their own way. Like starting a genre of Hip-Hop. But that's the thing. I established a genre of MUSIC. 

YOU KNOW the Nu-Hop sound.

It's between Daft Punk and RZA, with the topics having equal as much range.

Trap's roots CAN be found on Donuts ("Time: Donut of the Heart", specifically with Black Thought spittin on it), but Atlanta trap houses claim the origin. DJ Toomp is a factual pioneer there. Still, Trap is distinct in its sound. This distinction allows other genres to embed Trap into their groove, making a hood phenomenon a global annoyance. 

The real trap is mixing House and Trap as a DJ.

Drill is spawned from Grime, which is straight UK. And they don't fuck around in the UK about Grime. Still, you can mix Drill records with House music with no problem. Not even using acapellas. Just House drums and a Trap/Drill song.

Now....... Trap beats are STUPID. But, you have to know what to do with them. If Dip Set would use early 2000 Dip Set flows on the 2015-2022 Trap instrumentals, they would be raping the radio right now. I personally have an affinity for Drill drums.

but the violence has got to stop. if that means we shut down TD Jakes (Trap, Drill and the police), we have to be proactive about it. there must be an alternative to the gang related violence occurring due to a genre of music.

I pray for you all, and I pray you understand where I'm coming from.








Out!

FreshOffThePresses

Big Apple Seeds

Man. New York never felt better. I swear I love this city. A lot of people recognized me (!) and showed me love. Like... A LOT of people. I ...