The King Charles Era

The King Charles Era
New sound, new style, still the same loser.

Tawkin My Doo-Doo...

Before I talk my shit (on MY blog), let me start with a humble beginning...


I mentioned on The Breakfast Club that Fabolous is a BIG influence on me. Not so much style (aesthetically), but the usage of similes. For example, "It's gettin' harder to dodge the women, but I'm still pitchin hard white balls faster than Roger Clemens...". That bar alone had me hyped to make similes that were easy to catch (though you need to know a thing or 2 about the dope game to get that one), funny and stuck out. This was around 1999-2000. Fab was responsible for EVERYONE making similes in their verses. He just never got the credit he deserves. OBVIOUSLY Eminem is an influence, and yes, he has similes (punchlines) of his own. Fab just had more of a New York edge to his.

NOW I can talk my shit...

My punchlines/similes are always a one of one. And when I use "like" for a punchline, I don't make the simile JUST like the compared figure. It would be slightly off. So it's LIKE whatever I'm talking about, as opposed to JUST like something. A blemish of a photogenic rhyme scheme. Or it would be some OUT OF THIS WORLD comparison itself. For example, "I run Black music... like drums". 

That's fucking OUTTA HERE, dude! 

Lmao


I probably could articulate it better if I actually sat down and tried to break it down, but honestly, you just gotta listen for the jewels.

No one has better punchlines than me. 
And my punchlines aren't always similes.

In fact, in recent years, I've evolved past funny similes. Sometimes the metaphor/simile/punchline is in the intonation/context/quirks in the MUSIC (beat, verse, hook, mix, master), as well as the title of the song itself.

I do more than your average mixtape rapper (is what I'm trying to say).

And truth be told, all these hip-hop albums dropping nowadays are mixtapes (if we're going with the industry protocol).


I wanna talk more about that, but there has to be an understanding before I go on.



In the meantime....








#thismorningKingCharles...!


FreshOffThePresses

Daily page, weekly ring

I do plan on going live today (@ 12). No frets. And yes, there is a song for this month. As with both, massive strategy goes into it. I just...