The King Charles Era

The King Charles Era
New sound, new style, still the same loser.

King Charles Hamilton! King Charles the Hamilton!

Make me better.


Being in these halfway houses, I run into young, up-and-coming MCs who just want to be heard. I can't say I take them under my wing, because to do so, they would have to lose their sense of self and pick up their "cross". So I don't pressure them to "emulate" me or whatever. But I always drop jewels and break 'em down, hoping they would understand and manifest their own destiny. 

Today, I was with Dellanor (D the Kid, being his rap name) and I told him a story. Basically, I said "I'ma tell you something I never told anyone before. You ready? 

I think Drake is better than me."


And that's not a lie. I do feel he has mastered modern pop music to his advantage. He's got skills. I kept my mouth shut long enough. The boy (Drake) can spit. I think these "reference" records are all cap (bold face lies) and that Lil Wayne wouldn't have signed him if he needed a ghostwriter. 
And lest we forget the whole "Drake raped me in my sleep" thing I was paranoid about for as long as he's been on top. I leave THAT situation alone, and chalk it up to "someone being in my ear as a snake". 

Now, just because I think Drake is better doesn't mean I haven't improved myself, or that I will stop making music. I just won't be like the 99% of EVERYONE ELSE and make music JUST LIKE him. I think that's disgusting. To BE the man, WOOOOOO!, you've got to BEAT the man! 

And I plan to be the man again.

He's sent both shots and shouts. The shots are up for debate (none detectable to the human ear), but the shouts are still available. He started a blog (hint), on which he said I was in his Top 10 Semi-Underground list. I saw that shout, and raised it by saying on MY blog that he was the #1 young rapper out. I even put myself at #12, saying I was numbers 1 AND 2. 

No one caught the KRS reference.

But yeah, StarChasers. You are officially allowed to indulge in Drizzymania. I won't be mad. Won't cry. Won't shed a tear. I know you love me. I just know when something is of urgent matters and requires you to listen. Look. I'm only aspiring to be who you listen to. So I don't need much to make that happen. You guys should aspire to do and be more. Being a #loser means being so focused on one's craft that you miss out on social happenings. 

I could've died from Covid and not gave a fuck, because I found out the LOUD way (phone calls, emails, alerts, etc.). I know I have to do better with communicating with the outside world. But I get in my zone and create. And honestly, that's what brought us here today. So yeah. Let me cook with a Drake picture as my bullseye (not literal, at all). Understand that I feed off the passive subs he sends at me. I fuel off it. It makes me attack the mic. 

But I could be wrong.

and i might owe him an apology.




The next 2 years will speak VOLUMES to my work ethic.
Nevertheless.







#beseated


FreshOffThePresses

Random, but not quite.

 Rather, better time management. I been speaking with Paris (P. Dunner, "best rapper alive" according to me on The Binge 1) about ...