The King Charles Era

The King Charles Era
New sound, new style, still the same loser.

King Charles Hamilton! King Charles the Hamilton!

WorldGothDay

It was brought to my attention recently that World Goth Day recently passed. Though I feel bad for not knowing, I also feel that subscribing to holidays are the wrong kind of pagan. As a Goth, World Goth Day is everyday, no matter what color I'm wearing. I've seen some DOWN ass Goths who were wearing everyday colors. Maybe they were decisively dull, the colors. Still, we vibed. Damn near the same day, I saw 2 Gothic "brides" outside of the DTLA Apple store. We vibed, shared a smile, and kept pushing.

I have a girl, now. Can't be having "moments" with random chicks.

But what would one do on World Goth Day? It lands on May 23rd, which is the release date of "The Marshall Mathers LP" (2000). I'm not sure if Em sees himself as a Goth (he's dead a Blood), but his appeal to them/us is through the damn roof. Or is it just me? 

I almost take responsibility for Em's 20+ year reign of terror. I am (indeed, in fact) The All Seeing Eye. You hear everything I hear, feel what I feel, see what I see, taste what I taste, smell what I smell... I am a slave to outer opinion. Em got me out of my shell, as far as going from being completely outgoing to being a shell full of potential. You often seem me give credit to J Dilla for helping me get out of my shell, but no. Em had me acting a damn fool in class, as well as spittin FIRE at will.

The Dilla Effect came through in high school.

But not every Goth is a big Shady head. Some people use Goth Subculture as a reason to dive into homosexuality. In my opinion, homosexual Goths are Satanists. You clearly made your choice. I am speaking from experience. You can't LIVE in sin and expect God's grace. I know, I know. "God is Dr. Dre! He don't give a fuck!" 

Dr. Dre is a homophobe.
Dead assically, most of the Interscope roster was/is (I heard they got bought).

I didn't wanna rub Jimmy the wrong way (pause!), but I SERIOUSLY needed to know what the company policy was regarding homophobia/homophobic lyrics. I mean, damn... The House That Shady Built, ya know? And I'm from Harlem. My mind only opens but so much. Like a moon roof. But homosexuality is a real issue in the world. Could be what ends it. Could be what begins it. The world, that is...

World Goth Day should be on June 6th. Celebrations should start at 6am (break day from the night before), continue up to 6pm, and there be a HUGE rave from 6pm until 6am the next day. Something like that. Regardless, don't let color or social bondage deter you from claiming you're a Goth. Just know that you DO have to represent your shit at some point. 

Even the street gangs are drawing lines in the sand.





#beseated


FreshOffThePresses

Random, but not quite.

 Rather, better time management. I been speaking with Paris (P. Dunner, "best rapper alive" according to me on The Binge 1) about ...