8am, 11/10

If you ain't up on thangs, I started a new birthday song series. "8am". On my birthday in 2023, my dad informed me of the exact day and hour I was born. So ecstatic about this new information, I decided to make the song "November 10th" (in which I graphically disrespect my dad) obsolete. The first "8am" was peaceful, campy, and lighthearted. The second had (literally) more grit to it. And the company I was keeping during the literal time of recording it became the biggest non-family opp I had/have to date. The song survives, but I'm still haunted by that *drKiwi*.

This year, I took a COMPLETELY different approach to celebrating my birthday. Essentially the difference between Thelonious Monk and Sun Ra. Just in the future they were representing in their eras. I’m excited about it, but because it’s so new it can draw some pushback. The last thing I want is to release a FREE expression of joy on my birthday, only to be told it’s subpar for any reason. That, plus we’re celebrating 20 years of musical excellence on that day, with a performance of The Pink Lavalamp. I don’t want one to taint the other.

All the above in mind, I probably won’t release 8am pt. 3 ON my birthday, but it will see the light of day. The stakes are higher than EVER, and I don’t want to bet against myself. 



You only get what you give, in this business…



~#~

FreshOffThePresses

8am, 11/10

If you ain't up on thangs, I started a new birthday song series. "8am". On my birthday in 2023, my dad informed me of the exac...