But every day I'm here in this apartment is another day in the musical war torn terrain.
It's already me vs. the algorithm. I'm allowing my listeners (StarChasers) to convince me to put my FREE music on streaming services. It's like they miss the point, completely. Even "Ian R. Schwartz" (from Death of the Mixtape Rapper) told you that the focus was MUSIC FIRST. I begged and pleaded for them to keep me out of the scope of Pop music, and allow for my music to make room in the mainstream. They listened, only to be met with reservation with regards to my sanity.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. I hear y'all. Get my money.
Right?
Long story short, she ended up married, I ended up alone. Who am I doing this for? I'm comfortable where I'm at, and I'm still able to supply what the demand is. No one knows what they want anymore. No one is a breakout star. No hit was the runaway hit of the summer. It's every man for themselves, in a BLOODTHRISTY business. I do have plans to get into the production side of things, and I might bring back Connor Harrington for a visual project. Regardless, I'm in no rush to "ball outta control". I just want to make music I can stand behind. And I do. It's just not reaching the way music I made FOR the people does.
Thus making me a slave to my audience.
I find that StarChasers want to be motivated, more than they want to hear a testimony. My theory was that, if I share my story of survival and offer you a chance to "walk with me", you'll be inspired to... not so much do the same, but use your pain as a catalyst to survive. Whether it's drugs, alcohol, sex, whatever. Those moments of despair can translate into a lifetime of learning. And learning can be fun! Just learn how to transmute your learning into a greater earning. And yes, you can probably earn a living from such. But you won't know until you try.
But what do I know?
Long story short, she ended up married, I ended up alone.
Where's the love song for that, Mr. Hamilton?