Paid In Full

 

^
^
“I cop bud and bottles just to follow the #hoodrules; put your niggas on, and you a good dude!”
-Charles Hamilton, “Honesty Box”

I can honestly say that I provided a good time for my closest friends. They were a support system when I needed, they didn’t enable, we built/created together… and even when shit got “ugly” (COOP!), we still formed like Voltron and blasted minds.

Not in the picture (physically) is Kesed. But, … and I’m certain I blogged about them before… but the man in gray is Halo and the man in black is Sciryl (pronounced Skerr-REAL; lyrics, backwards). The four of us are the most watched and most emulated by …anyone of whom’s art you enjoy. Sciryl is a Hip-Hop legend. Halo is the downtown king. Kesed is the NECESSARY DOSAGE OF JAMAICA. 

You’re reading my blog.

And even though we didn’t make it professionally, I repaid Demevolist for every time they hooked me up with a blunt or got me a bite to eat. Things are kinda weird between us now. It might come down to the very graduating classes were each we’re in. When I got to FDA. HchO, Swiss, B/A (known as Versatile at the time) and most of the class of ‘04 were running the studio. I was ‘05, Yung Nate and Sha-Leik were ‘06. I ONLY got in the studio because I played piano well. Like, played radio songs on the piano, VERY well. H didn’t think I could rap in the beginning.

Strange how it turns out that way…
yeah.


Me & Sha, in FDA, ‘06.

Dead a GOOD 20.
Like shit didn’t move fast at all.

We SUFFERED through them shit.



HchO & I, Nov. 10th, ‘08.

Damn, bro.
I’m sure it’s something I said that makes it weird for us to talk now. And I have (literal) receipts of you being wack (as we say). Doesn’t mean I didn’t and don’t love you. We’re just on 2 different paths, and I need to be my own HchO (in my life) in order to TRULY be a boss. You showed me a lot, though. So, if anything, thank you for being a great teacher.




Nate to the Yung.

Keepin it basic, we see each other.
Keeping it long winded, I hope to see you at SOBs.



Kinda just in my bag right now. Thinking about what a real nigga is. My friends don’t have to worry about me holding them down. My history is self-evident.


I guess I just had to prove it to myself.


~Enter the Hamilton~





Happy birthday, Kesed.
!!!, but .

.



FreshOffThePresses

Gem Class Hero

^ ^ ^ HUGE and SPECIAL shouts to StarChaser and YouTube user Sonic Haley for finding and posting this on YouTube. I think I lost the origina...