(hook)
I live my life so wrong for her.
I told my life so long for her.
So, I made this song for her.
Could you look at me and real-ize what you see?
(verse 1)
I was born a star. Maybe not a porn star, not where it's warm, y' all... but I ended up living in the west. To live and die in LA. Where do you rest? I lay my head... basically on the base that's fed. Staying ahead of the game could leave you banging your head. You may have to bleed. And it's the same for me. Staying away from where I need to be, to be safe for who loves me. Like not ever going to the club, or playing and requesting "Jesus Walks". I need to walk and talk. I need my thought to get across cross for y' all. Losing my mind, because I'm using this dime's juices inside.
(hook)
I live my life so wrong for her.
I told my life so long for her.
So, I made this song for her.
Could you look at me and real-ize what you see?
(verse 2)
I am a filtered killer. Still, I'm as real as Dilla. I exist too. He's who I listen to. Listen to him late at night, just to get the groove. Got me spitting to this instrumental. All grown. Star show. Awesome. I'm still alive, but where's the broad, yo? Where did you all go? My only audience. It's one. Applause for the accordion. I'm done. But I' ma keep grooving, because the groove is right and I can see her moving and soothing what knives are in my back. Swimming as I walk. Women want to talk. Giving them my thoughts. All I give, no cash. Can't hold back. I got my own stash.
(hook)
I live my life so wrong for her.
I told my life so long for her.
So, I made this song for her.
Could you look at me and real-ize what you see?
I got sins in my pocket, The Bible in my mind. Thoughts of my father standing back, watching me shine. Where my man's at? My mother should stand back and say there's no other. She like Danny Glover when getting a cab; she can't do it, so she need me basically. But I'm a black man. They afraid of me. And I ain't even in NYC. I see the city want me back. I can vibe with them, too. This is like the end of any guy who ends The View. Meaning killing me. My eyes show the world and it's still with me. I'm feeling this bea.t I really am feeling like a silly man. But a million bucks like Milwaukee. With a broad (abroad) on the walkie talkie.
(hook)
I live my life so wrong for her.
I told my life so long for her.
So, I made this song for her.
Could you look at me and real-ize what you see?
^
^
^
Recorded lonely at... a halfway house that changed my life.
^
^
Recorded lonely at... a halfway house that changed my life.
!Jr.!