The King Charles Era

The King Charles Era
New sound, new style, still the same loser.

Dilla and Dave New York’s Takeover

 

“We got a special guest in the house 
He goes by the name of Dave New York 
Dave, we talkin' 'bout, hip hop and radio 
Dave, where you at with it?”

“How do I feel about radio hip-hop? 
I think it's wack.

Most of the shit they play is straight garbage…”

I’ve developed a tolerance for Drake, outside of the fact that he is dead nice.
The Weeknd is lit, but I can’t fully get in to his music.
I don’t understand what Kanye is doing, but he’s asking money so there’s prosperity.
Lil Baby has a little bit of skill, I just barely can understand him. I’ve heard some shit from him before, though.
Same with Young Thug and most of the RICO victims.

At this point, fear has conquered opinions.
Fear and money.
So it is true,
We are at war.

Kanye dead said it best.
It just feels like he closed the door on other revolutionists.
Art is a revolution itself.
My only gripe is that many of the records I planned to sample, he sampled.
And that many of the records I sampled, he did too.
To be fair, I sampled a few of his originals.
And I have at points rapped over his beats.
I guess I do respect him.

But why is there so much me in it?





Voodoochild 




Out!

FreshOffThePresses

New York Raining...

It's not a rumor. I am indeed in New York. I am laying low, but shout out to Ruff Ryders for holdin me down in the hood (when I do go). ...