I didn't watch The Grammys AT ALL this year. Part of it isn't my fault. The guys in the halfway house didn't want to watch it, albeit they felt I belonged there. So I saw clips of it on Twitter (or X or whatever). I'll break it down ignorantly:
- I'm happy for and proud of Killer Mike. He's been at it for a long time, HE GOT SKILLS, and having listened to the album when it dropped (3Stacks brought me there), it's a worthy album.
- Miley Cyrus finally got a Grammy. Congrats! All I'll say, since my jungle fever lust for her has led a few people to use my platform (my blog) against me. So, with nothing held against her, congratulations.
- Allison Russell is the future of music. Look her up.
- Very happy for SZA, disappointed for Ice Spice.
- Taylor Swift is the Lisa Simpson of the music business. DEFINITE overachiever. Said with love.
Guess I gotta search YouTube for this one.