I tried, y'all...




I tried, y'all.

I woke up this morning, groomed, got dressed, got ready for AND went to church.

I wasn't fried, y'all.

I participated in service, played piano, and was good up until offering.

The pastor told THE TRUTH about offering. 
I was set to sit in service and enjoy the word.

I tried, y'all.
I couldn't do it.

Church... the concept of community in and over the name of God... ain't for me. There are some things that my relationship with God doesn't... like it disagrees with my spirit. The pastor is a GREAT man. I would love to have more conversations with him about the faith and justice through God. I just am not a man of God. 

I have the credentials to be a man of God... a Minister of Music, if you will... I'm just not a churchgoer. I really mean no harm. In fact, I refrained from playing secular music EACH TIME I played piano in this church (in particular). So the respect is there. I just can't get down in church. I feel I'm too worldly to play sacred in church. I'm just like my mom. Started in the church, faced the world, humbly returned, and watched a generation after her go through the same thing.

Mom, what should I do?

Mom said "Rock the world."

So mote it be.


So be it, if you will.


A witch I am.
THEE Witch, among 3 other Evils.

Pimp
Assassin
Witch
(censored)



(find yourself. lose yourself. lose yourself as you find yourself. find yourself as you lose yourself)



~!Jr.!~

FreshOffThePresses

I tried, y'all...

I tried, y'all. I woke up this morning, groomed, got dressed, got ready for AND went to church. I wasn't fried, y'all. I partici...